Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week
Jaipur: Glamour may be synonymous with Bollywood, but the second day of the ongoing Rajasthan Fashion Week (RJW) here witnessed a unique amalgamation of sports and fashion when three players from the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Rajasthan Royals walked the runway for designer duo Rohit and Abhishek.
Cricketers Pankaj Singh, Ashok Maneria and Dikshant Yagnik from the Rajasthan Royals walked a different pitch, wearing sherwanis by the designer duo Friday.
"Fashion is not my cup of tea but everyone wants to look glamorous and this is the reason why I decided to walk the ramp for these designers, who are known for their sophisticated collection," Maneria told IANS.
Rohit and Abhishek showcased a line named The Dance of Life. They used a vibrant colour palette comprising white, yellow, orange and green, and designed a formal look with bandhgalas, achkans and sherwanis coupled with breeches, Patialas, cowl and harem pants for men.
Their women`s wear collection was dominated by jackets, Jodhpurs and long skirts.
"Our endeavour is to highlight Jaipur on the international fashion map. The collection is our effort to give a wide choice to the youngsters while reviving long forgotten traditional wear," said Rohit Kamra.
The second day of the fashion fiesta boasted of another unique feature when designer Rohit Verma turned showstopper for another designer, newbie Poonam Patel`s show. He was seen wearing an anarkali with peacock feather motifs.
Patel showcased an Indo-western collection with big motifs and a wide range of outfits ranging from semi-stitched dresses, tunics, kurta, saris, chaniya-choli and bridal wear. Delhi-based shoe designer Swati Mehrotra, who designs under the label Swati Modo, was the footwear partner for the designer`s show.
"Who says two designers can`t be friends. I think we (Rohit and Poonam) are the perfect examples who depict love and bonding between two designers," Verma told IANS.
Ace Designer Pam Mehta`s show was also a high point of the day. She showcased a collection titled Floral Fiesta. The silhouettes ranged from saris to gowns topped with zari, resham and Swarvoski work.
The sensuous Riya Sen was her showstopper who walked in a lehenga sari in turquoise and gold.
"Pam wanted to portray me as a contemporary bride and I loved the attire," Riya told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH