Spring hairdos - low ponytails, wavy bobs
New Delhi: Experimenting with new hairstyles can be as refreshing as a new season. This spring, try low ponytails or wavy bobs, says Aislinn Trodden, a global expert associated with haircare brand TIGI.
The spring and summer trends are bringing back controlled textures, simple and elegant looks, with a strong influence on low slung side partings and glamorous cuts with a cool edge.
Buns at different heights, ballet buns, topknots and low set on the nape will be in too as will braiding is always huge this time of year.
Here are the top five looks for the forthcoming season as suggested by Trodden:
* Milkmaid braided bun: One of the classiest hairdos - the milkmaid braid, is an epitome in itself. The milkmaid braid oozes innocence and an underlying sensual awareness that not many hairstyles in themselves can muster. Such a style has been spotted both on the street and on the runway.
* Low ponytails: From the hassle-free to the extravagant, from daytime to evening, the low ponytail is amongst the hairstyles to master for your spring 2014 hair repertoire. Last year was all about a sleek ponytail, a tie-in with the year’s sports fashion trend. Through their style evolution, one thing about ponytail hairstyles remains certain - they are styles that won`t go out of fashion. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that many of 2014`s hair trends are built upon the ponytail.
* Textured soft waves: Soft yet undone, this variation of the soft waves hairstyle incorporates some of that bed hair tousle and beachy texture. The hairstyle is relaxed yet flirty, with that little bit of an edge, making it very natural looking and perfect for spring.
* Boho twist up hairdos: The undone look of this style looks attractive. Loose, wavy, and with stray hairs all over the place, it`s the ultimate romantic hairstyle and somehow always elevates your personality. The Boho twist up do is perfect for the upcoming spring and summer months, and is as lovely and simple to re-create.
* Wavy Bobs: Bob haircuts are always in style. They’re practically everywhere, so if you want to stand out a little bit, start rocking a wavy bob. Wavy bobs are a refreshing twist to the classic bob hairstyle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Karan Johar conceived the idea of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Unmissable autumn tips to stylishly dress up toddlers
- Remember 'Style' duo Sharman Joshi, Sahil Khan? This is what they look like now
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Parineeti Chopra keen to work with cousin Priyanka Chopra
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!