Sridevi inspires designer Neeta Lulla
Mumbai: National-award winning designer Neeta Lulla has styled almost all film celebrities but its Bollywood diva Sridevi who has been an inspiration to her.
"Someone who has inspired me in my work among the actresses is Sridevi. She has taught me a lot. I have worked with her for 12-13 years. I learnt a lot from her. And as a newcomer in the film industry, she was a big support to me and I will always cherish it," Lulla said.
"I loved designing her each and every moment. Beyond her styling, she is a great actress and the aura that she exhibited on screen is tremendous," she said.
Sridevi had walked the ramp for Lulla and is spotted on almost all her birthday parties.
Lulla, who has designed for several films and won four national awards, says its difficult to choose which project was the most challenging for her.
"When you style 80-90 actors it is difficult to choose which one was challenging. Each film I have done.. Almost 300 films has been challenging. Each film has graduated me to do lot more and learn. For me to judge one film is not right," she said.
Her next project is Rajinikanth`s `Kochadaiyaan`. The Tamil period film is directed by Soundarya R Ashwin. The film will feature Rajinikanth alongside an ensemble cast, including R Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Rukmini Vijayakumar, Jackie Shroff and others.
"`Kochidiyaan` is a great film and has got a different technique where there is lot of detailing.. So there is lot of work that is required for it. Like sketching itself took six months. I am quite excited about it," Lulla said.
Meanwhile, a film reportedly based on the life of famous actress Divya Bharti, who ruled the roost in the 90s, is being made by director Vikram Sandhu. For this film, an actress from Greece Tatiana Tsapikidou who resembles Lulla, has reportedly been roped in for the film.
After delivering a string of hits, Divya fell to death from her five-storey Versova apartment at the age of 19. Incidentally, Lulla was the last person she met on that tragic night.
When asked about the same, Lulla says, "I have no clue about it. I wouldn`t like to comment on it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn