Sridevi inspires designer Neeta Lulla
Mumbai: National-award winning designer Neeta Lulla has styled almost all film celebrities but its Bollywood diva Sridevi who has been an inspiration to her.
"Someone who has inspired me in my work among the actresses is Sridevi. She has taught me a lot. I have worked with her for 12-13 years. I learnt a lot from her. And as a newcomer in the film industry, she was a big support to me and I will always cherish it," Lulla said.
"I loved designing her each and every moment. Beyond her styling, she is a great actress and the aura that she exhibited on screen is tremendous," she said.
Sridevi had walked the ramp for Lulla and is spotted on almost all her birthday parties.
Lulla, who has designed for several films and won four national awards, says its difficult to choose which project was the most challenging for her.
"When you style 80-90 actors it is difficult to choose which one was challenging. Each film I have done.. Almost 300 films has been challenging. Each film has graduated me to do lot more and learn. For me to judge one film is not right," she said.
Her next project is Rajinikanth`s `Kochadaiyaan`. The Tamil period film is directed by Soundarya R Ashwin. The film will feature Rajinikanth alongside an ensemble cast, including R Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Rukmini Vijayakumar, Jackie Shroff and others.
"`Kochidiyaan` is a great film and has got a different technique where there is lot of detailing.. So there is lot of work that is required for it. Like sketching itself took six months. I am quite excited about it," Lulla said.
Meanwhile, a film reportedly based on the life of famous actress Divya Bharti, who ruled the roost in the 90s, is being made by director Vikram Sandhu. For this film, an actress from Greece Tatiana Tsapikidou who resembles Lulla, has reportedly been roped in for the film.
After delivering a string of hits, Divya fell to death from her five-storey Versova apartment at the age of 19. Incidentally, Lulla was the last person she met on that tragic night.
When asked about the same, Lulla says, "I have no clue about it. I wouldn`t like to comment on it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH