Stay fashionable while travelling
New Delhi: A pair of casual jeans, stylish cotton tees, sunglasses and hats are a must when you are travelling, says designer Rina Dhaka and adds that women should carry outfits and accessories according to the nature of destination.
"A woman should carry clothes according to the place she is going to. If you are going on a holiday on a beach, carry light-weight resort wear like one-piece dresses, short skirts and cocktail gowns in bright colours with matching accessories and shoes," Dhaka said in a telephonic interaction.
She added: "If you are going to a holy place, carry something ethnic. One should always carry a pair of casual jeans and stylish cotton tees. Also, I am fond of accessories like sunglasses and hats. I carry them everywhere, but I tend to loose them."
An avid traveller, Dhaka recently visited Amritsar, Pushkar, Benaras, Mumbai and Lucknow for Fox Traveller`s show ‘Style And The City’.
"I have been travelling all my life for my collections. Recently, when I was in Amritsar, I dressed like a Punjabi kudi. I wore salwar kameez and covered my head with a dupatta. When I go to markets, I wear tees, off shoulder top, jeans or palazzos. I wear a gown or a dress when I attend an evening function," said Dhaka known for her expertise in creating bridal wear.
Although she is still particular about her wardrobe, but make-up doesn`t interest her any more.
"Now I really don`t bother about wearing make-up. I just apply sunscreen lotion and that`s it. I feel I am too old to wear make-up," she said.
But suggests that one should carry "bright coloured lip shades, nail colours and kohl for daytime".
"For evening parties, go for heavy make-up, depending on the place you are going to," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics