Stay fashionable while travelling
New Delhi: A pair of casual jeans, stylish cotton tees, sunglasses and hats are a must when you are travelling, says designer Rina Dhaka and adds that women should carry outfits and accessories according to the nature of destination.
"A woman should carry clothes according to the place she is going to. If you are going on a holiday on a beach, carry light-weight resort wear like one-piece dresses, short skirts and cocktail gowns in bright colours with matching accessories and shoes," Dhaka said in a telephonic interaction.
She added: "If you are going to a holy place, carry something ethnic. One should always carry a pair of casual jeans and stylish cotton tees. Also, I am fond of accessories like sunglasses and hats. I carry them everywhere, but I tend to loose them."
An avid traveller, Dhaka recently visited Amritsar, Pushkar, Benaras, Mumbai and Lucknow for Fox Traveller`s show ‘Style And The City’.
"I have been travelling all my life for my collections. Recently, when I was in Amritsar, I dressed like a Punjabi kudi. I wore salwar kameez and covered my head with a dupatta. When I go to markets, I wear tees, off shoulder top, jeans or palazzos. I wear a gown or a dress when I attend an evening function," said Dhaka known for her expertise in creating bridal wear.
Although she is still particular about her wardrobe, but make-up doesn`t interest her any more.
"Now I really don`t bother about wearing make-up. I just apply sunscreen lotion and that`s it. I feel I am too old to wear make-up," she said.
But suggests that one should carry "bright coloured lip shades, nail colours and kohl for daytime".
"For evening parties, go for heavy make-up, depending on the place you are going to," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' creates history, to have India's first Live Virtual Reality event
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH