Stella McCartney wants Delhi fashion week to be leather free
New Delhi: Fashion designer Stella McCartney wants fashionistas to shed fur and leather this fashion week at New York, London, Paris, Milan, Delhi and Mumbai.
Daughter of Beatles legend Paul McCartney, Stella, along with PETA is passing on her message to shun leather in a video.
"As a designer, I like to work with fabrics that don`t bleed; that`s why I avoid all animal skins. Please join me in exploring the huge variety of fashionable shoes, belts, purses and wallets that aren`t the product of a cow`s violent death," Stella says in the video.
After learning about the cruelty inherent in the skin trade, a number of designers - including Marc Bouwer, Anita Dongre, Hemant Trevedi, Sanjana Jon and Rina Shah? are shunning leather, fur and other animal skins this fashion week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics