Step up style with 'Step Up All In' designer's tips
New Delhi: Hollywood's 3D film 'Step Up All In' promises to give the best of dance moves along with fashion trends. From striped crop tops, beanies, canvas shoes to high-low hem dresses - it presents a range of stylish ensembles which can be tried in real life, says the film's costume designer.
Brianna Evignan, one of the leading ladies of the film, which is set to release Friday, will be seen in stylish apparels and accessories, which are sure to inspire the youth here.
Soyon An, the costume designer of "Step Up All In", suggests wardrobe must-haves for lovely ladies:
* Crop tops: This style has definitely taken 2014 by storm. It can be paired well with anything - whether it is skirts to midis to pants or leggings. Bollywood celebrities like Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra have sported the crop top with aplomb. The best part about the garment is its versatility - they can be paired differently to look cute, sexy and casual.
* Beanies and hoodies: Connected to hip-hop, rap music and dance, this is a staple for those who use the art forms to express their individuality. These trends have evolved and now form a fashion statement which you can even flaunt during summers. No dance movie can ever be complete without a dance sequence with the actors sporting beanies and hoodies in a face-off!
* Ankle boots: As every woman’s obsession, boots are classy yet spell punk rock. Giving the 'don’t mess with me' vibes, these have to be a part of your wardrobe as they can upgrade any outfit in a moment, making you look leaner and taller with just about zero effort. Coloured ankle boots can be teamed with floral dresses and skirts for the dance damsel in you.
* Canvas shoes: Irrespective of what the fashion runways are purporting this season, canvas shoes never go out of trend for their casualness and comfort level. Perfect to dance in, these make for a great companion in times of distress when your heels and wedges don’t let you dance.
* High-low hem dresses: This is a flattering style. These dresses look great on just about anyone irrespective of waistline and height. You can experiment with the length, prints and colours; and don't forget to add a blingy belt for that extra spunk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IMPPA passes resolution to ban Pakistani artistes, technicians in India
- John Abraham denies reports of slapping a fan
- Shubho Mahalaya! Time to welcome mother goddess Durga
- Directors trust me because I am a curious actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Hrithik Roshan NOT Aamir Khan was the first choice for THIS film?
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn