Step up style with 'Step Up All In' designer's tips
New Delhi: Hollywood's 3D film 'Step Up All In' promises to give the best of dance moves along with fashion trends. From striped crop tops, beanies, canvas shoes to high-low hem dresses - it presents a range of stylish ensembles which can be tried in real life, says the film's costume designer.
Brianna Evignan, one of the leading ladies of the film, which is set to release Friday, will be seen in stylish apparels and accessories, which are sure to inspire the youth here.
Soyon An, the costume designer of "Step Up All In", suggests wardrobe must-haves for lovely ladies:
* Crop tops: This style has definitely taken 2014 by storm. It can be paired well with anything - whether it is skirts to midis to pants or leggings. Bollywood celebrities like Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra have sported the crop top with aplomb. The best part about the garment is its versatility - they can be paired differently to look cute, sexy and casual.
* Beanies and hoodies: Connected to hip-hop, rap music and dance, this is a staple for those who use the art forms to express their individuality. These trends have evolved and now form a fashion statement which you can even flaunt during summers. No dance movie can ever be complete without a dance sequence with the actors sporting beanies and hoodies in a face-off!
* Ankle boots: As every woman’s obsession, boots are classy yet spell punk rock. Giving the 'don’t mess with me' vibes, these have to be a part of your wardrobe as they can upgrade any outfit in a moment, making you look leaner and taller with just about zero effort. Coloured ankle boots can be teamed with floral dresses and skirts for the dance damsel in you.
* Canvas shoes: Irrespective of what the fashion runways are purporting this season, canvas shoes never go out of trend for their casualness and comfort level. Perfect to dance in, these make for a great companion in times of distress when your heels and wedges don’t let you dance.
* High-low hem dresses: This is a flattering style. These dresses look great on just about anyone irrespective of waistline and height. You can experiment with the length, prints and colours; and don't forget to add a blingy belt for that extra spunk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video