Style your hair in retro look for parties
New Delhi: Shoes, clothes and accessories are important parts of your look for the party season, but don`t miss styling your locks perfectly. Hairstylist Asgar Saboo suggests an effortless 1940s` puss glamour look and a retro side swept bun.
The Britain-based stylist gave away a step-by-step guide to getting the looks right, via a statement.
How to achieve the 1940’s puss glamour:
- Step One: Tip your hair upside down whilst drying to achieve extra volume.
- Step Two: Take a pintail or sectioning comb and create a deep side parting on the right side of the head.
- Step Three: Insert ten large Velcro rollers working your way from the top of the head. Ensure that you roll inwards for that extra lift and spray with hairspray for a good hold.
- Step Four: After leaving the rollers in for at least one hour, remove the rollers and gently brush out the curls with a comb.
- Step Five: Tuck hair behind the left ear and finish by adding a very small amount of serum or argon oil to the rest of the hair for that beautiful healthy finish.
How to achieve the side swept retro bun:
- Step One: Once you have washed and thoroughly brushed your hair, divide it into two sections, ensuring your hair is smooth and detangled. Start combing your hair from the bottom, eventually coming upwards and spray your hair with some heat protection lotion.
- Step Two: Blow dry your hair then brush it into an extreme side parting. You’re aiming for a natural and vintage look so don’t be afraid to use your fingers instead of a comb. No straight lines are needed for this look.
- Step Three: Having your side swept fringe done, you should now focus on the texture of your hair. Give your roots a boost by spraying some salt spray and just using your fingers, muss up your hair.
- Step Four: Pull some of your fringe towards the back of your head then tie it in a ponytail.
-Step Five: Now twist the ponytail into a bun and use a hair grip and bobby pins to fix it in place. Use strong hairspray on your hair to make it last longer and add a subtle shine to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!