Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
Priya Sachdev, founder of online luxury marketplace RockNShop, has a few suggestions for summer fashion.
New Delhi: Cross-body slings, flared pants and long-chain neckpieces are a few hand-picked trends that will make you look fabulous and cool when temperatures soar.
Priya Sachdev, founder of online luxury marketplace RockNShop, has a few suggestions:
* Pastels: Refresh your wardrobe with some of the soothing tones like powder pink, soft lavender, lime green and icy blue.
* Flared pants: They not only accentuate your curves, but also make your legs appear leaner and longer as well.
* Cross-body slings: This no-fuss, hands-free style is totally worth investing in. Be it a casual outing or a brunch date with friends, cross-body slings can never go out of fashion.
* Nude-lip colours: Take a break from red and pink and ace the nude-lip look for that perfect pout. It’s not just your clothes that need a makeover as the mercury hits at all-time high, but also your make-up. Nude lips are perfect for this hot, sweltering climate and help you avoid the caked-up look which is a strict no-no in the summer.
* Open-toe boots: They look stylish if paired with a pretty dress or shorts. You can even carry them off with a pair of skinny jeans for a casual-meets-chic statement.
* Embroidery: This intricate needlework is still in vogue and we believe, always will be. The pretty handiwork works well on jackets, dresses or even jeans and can give you a fresh look.
* Long-chain neckpieces: Get over statement neckpieces and embrace long-chain ones. They are timeless and can make a bold statement too.
* Shoulder cut-outs: They have been a hot favourite among celebrities on the red carpet, with most of them opting for off-shoulder evening gowns. This is one style that works well for all body shapes and hides any flaws that you want.