Summer staples for curvy women
New Delhi: Women with curves often don’t stock up stylish pieces in their wardrobe. An expert suggests tailored outfits, flared silhouettes and more to make voluptuous women also look in vogue.
Jasmin Kerawalla, owner and creative director of COCO boutique, shares tips on how plus-size women can spruce up their wardrobe:
* Trim and tailored: Incorporate this season’s key trend, which is layering. Floppy jackets or cardigans or shrugs are a huge no. Wear a well-fitted jacket over a fitted dress or shirt for a clean look.
* Flare a little: Skinny pants are a no go. The flared silhouette is in this season’s must-have! Opt for boot-cut pants and A-Line skirts, a tamed version of the flared look. This will flatter your body’s curves, without drawing attention to a heavier lower body.
* Ankle-length dresses: The trend of a solid long silhouette leans down most body types. Opt for this style in this season’s candy coloured hues for a fun day look.
* Broad belts: Accessorising a neutral coloured outfit with a key broad belt is a great way to spruce up a bland look! Select a broad belt to hide an unshapely belly, and make your waist look thinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kajol on board Salman Khan’s Dabangg 3?
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Kahaani 2 new poster: Vidya Balan is a 'wanted' mother this time!
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Goa gears up for 'Tripurari Purnima' festivities—Know why it is celebrated!
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!