Summer staples for curvy women
New Delhi: Women with curves often don’t stock up stylish pieces in their wardrobe. An expert suggests tailored outfits, flared silhouettes and more to make voluptuous women also look in vogue.
Jasmin Kerawalla, owner and creative director of COCO boutique, shares tips on how plus-size women can spruce up their wardrobe:
* Trim and tailored: Incorporate this season’s key trend, which is layering. Floppy jackets or cardigans or shrugs are a huge no. Wear a well-fitted jacket over a fitted dress or shirt for a clean look.
* Flare a little: Skinny pants are a no go. The flared silhouette is in this season’s must-have! Opt for boot-cut pants and A-Line skirts, a tamed version of the flared look. This will flatter your body’s curves, without drawing attention to a heavier lower body.
* Ankle-length dresses: The trend of a solid long silhouette leans down most body types. Opt for this style in this season’s candy coloured hues for a fun day look.
* Broad belts: Accessorising a neutral coloured outfit with a key broad belt is a great way to spruce up a bland look! Select a broad belt to hide an unshapely belly, and make your waist look thinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Birthday special: These blockbuster Sonu Nigam songs will definitely make your day!
- Anupam Kher shares his 'Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' experience! Watch video
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Attention cinema lovers! A sequel to Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ in the pipeline?
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic