Suraiya`s ethnic look voted best
New Delhi: Late singer-actress Suraiya was voted the on-screen beauty with the most enduring ethnic look down the ages, in a poll conducted by Indian ethnic wear brand Seven East.
The poll, conducted as part of the celebrations of 100 years of Indian cinema, in association with the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Glitterati, began around six months ago.
"A look exemplifying yesteryear actress Suraiya`s poised manner won the maximum number of votes," said a statement.
The consumers of Seven East were asked to identify their favourite look out of a collage of over 100 looks at the store. Customers were asked to choose the top seven. Over 6,000 customers randomly ticked from the collage of looks, which were interpretations of old looks into modern garments.
In descending order, here are the looks loved by Indian consumers and their interpretations available at Seven East:
3. Waheeda Rehman
5. Meena Kumari
6. Sharmila Tagore
7. Hema Malini
These looks are now interpreted into garments by Sanjay Bindra and Avisha Goswamy, and are now available at all Seven East stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Rajinikanth's 36th wedding anniversary: Fans throng outside his Chennai residence - See pics
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!
- Meryl Streep blasts Karl Lagerfeld over dress issue: 'He lied'
- Rangoon: Kriti Sanon talks about Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor starrer
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance