Sweetie, shun sugar for skin
New York: Many are seen eating sugar items wholeheartedly when something goes wrong. It is one of the biggest food mistakes to be avoided if you wish to have healthy skin.
Huffingtonpost.com shares some food mistakes:
- Eating too much sugar-based food items: A bad day for most of us means consuming ice cream or something sweet. But this choice might just make your bad day even worse, if you take note of what`s happening to your skin. Foods with added sugars increase your blood sugar and cause chronic inflammation in the body, which damages your collagen.
- Eating excess of starchy foods: Starches like white bread, pasta and white rice cause rapid spikes in blood sugar, which leads to inflammation in the body. This process produces enzymes that break down collagen and elastin, giving you sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Forgetting to count beverages: Just like in food, sugar found in liquids can contribute to premature ageing, acne and other inflammatory skin conditions, especially since sugar in beverages like juice and soda are absorbed into the bloodstream very quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sydney Pollack's `Tootsie` voted `greatest film ever` by actors
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black support Obama's Iran nuclear deal
- CW working on `gritty` adaptation of `Little Women`
- Shafqat Amanat Ali`s song featuring Naseeruddin Shah released
- Rajkumar Hirani to direct Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut in a commercial