Tarun Tahiliani brings spirituality of Maha Kumbh on ramp
New Delhi: The models sashayed down the ramp in saffron dresses amid the chant of mantras for Tarun Tahiliani`s `Kumbhback` collection at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Autumn/ Winter 2013.
Adding more drama to the show was the live performance by `Sounds of Isha`, a band founded by the Isha Foundation.
Tahiliani went spiritual for his latest collection, which is inspired by the way sadhus dress.
"I had gone to Kumbh at Makar Sakranti for two days and it was spectacular. We have become a divided society and shun the power of such holy practices. I think sadhus deserve to be loved and admired," Tahiliani told reporters post-show.
Models walked the ramp in long braids with especially designed garlands on their head. Even males wore dhoti teamed with bandhgalas.
"I like what they (sadhus) wear. They just tuck it around in rounds and similarly my clothes can be worn in the same manner, I have always been inspired by their draping sense and wanted to bring it in my collection. I think we are losing the draping techniques gradually. Since I have been to the ashram, I thought to use the draping technique in more purposeful way and therefore, used various shades of saffron. I think it is the right time to do this collection," he added.
The designer has also focused on ready-to-wear dresses this time. He said his dresses are for working women who need to get ready quickly.
"I have toned down the complex dresses to make it user-friendly. They can be worn within minutes and look very refreshing," said the designer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season