The Kardashians` cosmetic line faces second lawsuit
Los Angeles: The Kardashian sisters` new cosmetic venture is facing double trouble as two companies have planned to launch lawsuits that accuse them of stealing their trademarks.
Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian`s makeup line Khroma is now battling not only Beverly Hills-based makeup company called Chroma but also a company called Kroma with no "H", reported TMZ online.
The second company has registered its name to the US Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) and already locked down the legal rights to that name back in January.
In fact, Khroma received a rejection letter from PTO on the basis that the name is too similar to Kroma.
The people behind Kroma had warned Khroma in a cease and desist letter about the use of the name. They met the Kardashians` representatives recently but the parties failed to settle the dispute.
Kroma is now looking at the possibility of a legal action. Kardashians camp is yet to respond on the report.
Khroma Beauty, described as "affordable" yet glamorous, is set to be launched in time of Christmas time this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic