The new ‘miracle’ face serum that’s more expensive than diamonds
London: An anti-ageing serum that has won its makers the award for physiology and medicine after they proved that it speeds up rejuvenation of skin cells, is more expensive per ounce than diamonds – making it unlikely to benefit many.
Sold by Boots, the Bioeffect EGF Serum costs 125 pounds for a tablespoon-size bottle – and even two drops of it a day are enough to rejuvenate the skin, it is claimed.
The key ingredient, ‘Epidermal Growth Factor’, contains cellular activators – proteins vital for cell maintenance that replenish the wrinkles that show up with age.
The product sold 2,000 units in a single day in the UK when it went on sale online earlier this month, with 60 per cent of customers reported to be buying it a second time.
The serum has also won celebrity approval, with actress Uma Thurman among its devotees.
Alice Hart-Davies, beauty expert said she was impressed with its effectiveness.
“It contains an ingredient called Epidermal Growth Factor which is known for its proven healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin -- so it is one of the few skincare ingredients which is known to actually work,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“Pricewise, it is certainly expensive, but whereas a decade ago, £100-beauty products were a shocking novelty, now there are dozens of products in the 100 to 400-pound price-bracket.
“But it is an all-in-one product, so you don’t need to put any other cream or serum over or under it,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!