The new ‘miracle’ face serum that’s more expensive than diamonds
London: An anti-ageing serum that has won its makers the award for physiology and medicine after they proved that it speeds up rejuvenation of skin cells, is more expensive per ounce than diamonds – making it unlikely to benefit many.
Sold by Boots, the Bioeffect EGF Serum costs 125 pounds for a tablespoon-size bottle – and even two drops of it a day are enough to rejuvenate the skin, it is claimed.
The key ingredient, ‘Epidermal Growth Factor’, contains cellular activators – proteins vital for cell maintenance that replenish the wrinkles that show up with age.
The product sold 2,000 units in a single day in the UK when it went on sale online earlier this month, with 60 per cent of customers reported to be buying it a second time.
The serum has also won celebrity approval, with actress Uma Thurman among its devotees.
Alice Hart-Davies, beauty expert said she was impressed with its effectiveness.
“It contains an ingredient called Epidermal Growth Factor which is known for its proven healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin -- so it is one of the few skincare ingredients which is known to actually work,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“Pricewise, it is certainly expensive, but whereas a decade ago, £100-beauty products were a shocking novelty, now there are dozens of products in the 100 to 400-pound price-bracket.
“But it is an all-in-one product, so you don’t need to put any other cream or serum over or under it,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!