The new ‘miracle’ face serum that’s more expensive than diamonds
London: An anti-ageing serum that has won its makers the award for physiology and medicine after they proved that it speeds up rejuvenation of skin cells, is more expensive per ounce than diamonds – making it unlikely to benefit many.
Sold by Boots, the Bioeffect EGF Serum costs 125 pounds for a tablespoon-size bottle – and even two drops of it a day are enough to rejuvenate the skin, it is claimed.
The key ingredient, ‘Epidermal Growth Factor’, contains cellular activators – proteins vital for cell maintenance that replenish the wrinkles that show up with age.
The product sold 2,000 units in a single day in the UK when it went on sale online earlier this month, with 60 per cent of customers reported to be buying it a second time.
The serum has also won celebrity approval, with actress Uma Thurman among its devotees.
Alice Hart-Davies, beauty expert said she was impressed with its effectiveness.
“It contains an ingredient called Epidermal Growth Factor which is known for its proven healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin -- so it is one of the few skincare ingredients which is known to actually work,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“Pricewise, it is certainly expensive, but whereas a decade ago, £100-beauty products were a shocking novelty, now there are dozens of products in the 100 to 400-pound price-bracket.
“But it is an all-in-one product, so you don’t need to put any other cream or serum over or under it,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic