The new ‘miracle’ face serum that’s more expensive than diamonds
London: An anti-ageing serum that has won its makers the award for physiology and medicine after they proved that it speeds up rejuvenation of skin cells, is more expensive per ounce than diamonds – making it unlikely to benefit many.
Sold by Boots, the Bioeffect EGF Serum costs 125 pounds for a tablespoon-size bottle – and even two drops of it a day are enough to rejuvenate the skin, it is claimed.
The key ingredient, ‘Epidermal Growth Factor’, contains cellular activators – proteins vital for cell maintenance that replenish the wrinkles that show up with age.
The product sold 2,000 units in a single day in the UK when it went on sale online earlier this month, with 60 per cent of customers reported to be buying it a second time.
The serum has also won celebrity approval, with actress Uma Thurman among its devotees.
Alice Hart-Davies, beauty expert said she was impressed with its effectiveness.
“It contains an ingredient called Epidermal Growth Factor which is known for its proven healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin -- so it is one of the few skincare ingredients which is known to actually work,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“Pricewise, it is certainly expensive, but whereas a decade ago, £100-beauty products were a shocking novelty, now there are dozens of products in the 100 to 400-pound price-bracket.
“But it is an all-in-one product, so you don’t need to put any other cream or serum over or under it,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' reintroduced me to entertainment industry: Shamita Shetty
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly