There`s more to me than looks: Salma Hayek
Los Angeles: Actress Salma Hayek never considered beauty to be her first priority and that’s why she never tried to be as beautiful as she can be.
"I know people have always thought I was beautiful, but I have never tried to be as beautiful as I can be," InStyle magazine quoted the 46-year-old as saying, reports eonline.com.
"I could do a lot more like exercise, or not eat dessert or not drink alcohol. I don`t think my first priority in life has ever been beauty. It`s a little bit of a rebellious spirit in me. There is more to me than looks, of course,” she added.
She also advised those who are unhappy with their looks.
"You`ve got to take who you are and love who you are and do the best you can with what you`ve got. That goes for the figure, and it goes for everything else. You`ve got to have a sense of humour about who you are and give yourself a break,” said “Grown Ups” star.
Hayek added: “You`ve got to be kind to yourself. And it`s not easy, you know?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- OMG! Malaika Arora Khan to be replaced on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' by THIS actress?
- Jiah Khan suicide: Prosecution seeks murder charge against Sooraj Pancholi
- Sonakshi Sinha is twinning with mommy in this 'throwback pic'—See inside!
- Shahid Kapoor impressed us 5 times like a boss!
- Celine Dion to receive 2016 Billboard Icon Award
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan launches L'Oreal's Cannes 2016 collection
- Was surprised to see Kate Middleton wearing my creation: Anita Dongre
- Manish Malhotra opens LFW with elements of glamour, opulence
- Holi 2016: Lingerie tips for fun-filled celebrations