There`s more to me than looks: Salma Hayek
Los Angeles: Actress Salma Hayek never considered beauty to be her first priority and that’s why she never tried to be as beautiful as she can be.
"I know people have always thought I was beautiful, but I have never tried to be as beautiful as I can be," InStyle magazine quoted the 46-year-old as saying, reports eonline.com.
"I could do a lot more like exercise, or not eat dessert or not drink alcohol. I don`t think my first priority in life has ever been beauty. It`s a little bit of a rebellious spirit in me. There is more to me than looks, of course,” she added.
She also advised those who are unhappy with their looks.
"You`ve got to take who you are and love who you are and do the best you can with what you`ve got. That goes for the figure, and it goes for everything else. You`ve got to have a sense of humour about who you are and give yourself a break,” said “Grown Ups” star.
Hayek added: “You`ve got to be kind to yourself. And it`s not easy, you know?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic