Tips for perfect shave
London: Shaving seems to be the easiest option for those who don`t want to go through the painful waxing procedure. Beauty expert dole out tip to get soft, smooth, hair-free skin.
Femalefirst.co.uk shares expert beauty tips from Nathalie Eleni, beauty therapist, Venus & Braun, on how to get the perfect shave:
1. Take a shower before you shave to remove natural oils, perspiration and hydrate hair, which makes it up to 60 percent easier to cut. Two to three minutes is optimum soaking time.
2. Apply a good amount of moisture-rich shave gel before shaving to help keep water in the hair and to ensure the razor glides easily over skin. Don’t rely on soap to prepare skin, it may clog the razor during shaving. In addition, many soaps cause dryness and flaking.
3. Choose your razor wisely. It is important to choose a razor that is properly equipped for the job.
4. Shave with a fresh blade. Fresh blades provide a closer, smoother, more comfortable shave and can help prevent cuts and irritation. The blades should be replaced at the first sign of dullness or discomfort. On an average, women replace blades after about 10 shaves.
5. Use a light touch, exerting as little pressure as possible, and shave in the direction that feels most comfortable. Re-lather before shaving the bikini and other sensitive areas.
6. Leave hard-to-shave spots for last. The backs of knees and thighs, and areas like ankles, where the bone is close to the skin surface, are often difficult to shave.
7. Rinse skin thoroughly after shaving, and then pat skin dry. Don’t rub skin harshly and don’t dry off completely. The extra water on your body will be sealed in as you apply moisturiser, helping to eliminate dry, flaky skin, especially on freshly shaved legs so that you can achieve a healthy glow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!