Tips to make high heels wearable
London: Walking comfortably in high heels is not everyone’s cup of tea. Try to roughen up the sole, give your shoes a test drive before you walk out wearing them or spray your feet with deodorant to ease out the experience, says an expert.
Model Marie Helvin shares tips that will help you wear heels for as long as you desire, reports dailymail.co.uk:
* Make the sole rough: Every time you buy a new pair, take a pair of scissors to the bottoms to roughen them up. Spitting on the soles of shoes also helps. Some use hairspray to give them a bit more grip.
* Wear your shoes once you get home: No matter how silly it feels to be walking round in stilettoes in your pyjamas, give it a test drive. That way you can work out which bits of the shoe rub your feet. Then you stick fabric plasters on the painful bits of your feet, briefly soak them in water before slipping straight back into your shoes and walking around again. This will let your shoes mould. When you do wear your shoes again, they shouldn`t rub.
* Tape toes: If you walk in an unsteady manner while wearing heels, tape your third and fourth toes along from your big toe together. Just make sure you are not wearing open-toes shoes. This will keep foot muscles aligned, which allows the ball of your foot to be steadier.
* Use deodorant, nail file and Vaseline: Spray your feet with deodorant beforehand to stop sweating and increase friction, which will help avoid blisters. You can also use a nail file to rub away any rough edges inside your shoes and coat them with a thin layer of Vaseline. This will avoid sharp edges rubbing and causing you pain or blisters later on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic