Tom Cruise flaunts abs, fake tattoos in new photo shoot
New York: Tom Cruise showed off his rock ‘n’ roll alter ego, as he posed in a photo shoot inspired by his upcoming movie ‘Rock of Ages’. Tom Cruise told a magazine that vocal training took its toll on him, saying that “after four hours of singing, I sound like Donald Duck. No more rock star.”
The actor channels his rock ‘n’ roll alter ego, Stacee Jaxx, for the latest issue of W magazine, in which he sheds his clean-cut look for photographer Mario Sorrenti to transform into the outlandish musician he portrays in this summer’s ‘Rock of Ages.’
Posing for the photo spread while filming the Adam Shankman musical in Miami last summer, Cruise shows off his well toned physique as he’s being sandwiched between two blond groupies. While he has the guyliner look down, preparing for the role didn’t come so naturally for Cruise.
“I needed to find out if I could really sing!” a leading daily has quoted him as telling the magazine.
“Ron (Anderson, formerly a vocal coach for Axl Rose) came in and worked with me. And then I had to learn how to play guitar. I’m very good at air guitar — and air drums — but I had never played an actual guitar,” he said.
He eventually mastered a pitch-perfect scream for his performances in the film, but the actor says he’s been working on his dance moves since childhood.
“(As a kid), I did the scene from ‘Risky Business’ around the house. I would sing Bob Seger— my mother worked, my sisters were out, and I’d turn the music up,” he says.
“I learned how to dance watching ‘Soul Train.’ I noticed that if a guy could dance, he’d get a lot of attention and girls would want to dance with him. I worked very hard at imitating those moves,” he said.
Cruise also said that he also spent a great deal of time developing his bad boy persona, fearing he would look like a joke if he didn’t approach the role with sincerity and intensity.
“Stacee Jaxx had to be real. I didn’t want to imitate all these other rock stars. He had to be unique. If the audience doesn’t immediately buy into his absolute greatness, there’s no movie journey. Without that, you have nothing,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how