Try quick fixes for fashion blunders
London: Ever experienced a stain on your blouse during a client lunch or an unsightly deodorant streak across your little black dress? There are varied fashion faux pas that girls can come across, but a little smartness can help you escape embarrassment.
To help avoid those little `oops` moments, femalefirst.co.uk has listed some "quick-fix" tips to solve even the worst of fashion emergencies:
* Ladder in your tights: Clear nail polish can be a real life-saver when it comes to keeping a hole in your tights from getting bigger and bigger. To prevent a small ladder becoming a stairway to heaven, dab a little polish on either end of the run to keep it firmly in place.
* Scuff in your shoes: If you’re part of the 38 percent of women who have got their heel stuck in a grate or pavement, carrying a small tin of petroleum jelly could help rescue your shoes. Rubbing your shoes with a little bit of jelly will fix up patent leather shoes in a flash and make them shine like new.
* Lipstick on your teeth: Food, lipstick, red wine stains, teeth are a continuous source of potential embarrassment. Stealing a quick peek in a pocket mirror after eating, drinking or when applying lipstick will ensure your smile remains dazzling all night long.
* Food on your clothes: There is nothing worse than throwing your lunch down your front, but you’re not alone. Over half of women have left the house with a stain on their clothes without realising. Eat your treats with confidence, safe in the knowledge that you have emergency wipes and tissues for a speedy clean-up. Use a moist wipe to quickly cleanse the area, using water to rinse as necessary. Use a tissue to soak up any additional liquid and leave to air-dry.
* And for everything else: Everyone has many moods, and ruining a favourite piece of clothing can put you on a real downer. While chocolate may not fix everything, it certainly helps soften the blow. For an instant pick-me-up, hide a generous bar in your desk at work. Take five minutes to give your mind a rest, sneak a square, and relax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai