Tyra Banks feels unhappy with models` ways
Los Angeles: Supermodel Tyra Banks, who mentors models in her show "America`s Next Top Model" is upset with how some of them relentlessly try to lose weight to fetch plum assignments, post the show.
Banks said that the contestants get happy and excited to enter modelling professionally once they leave from her show, but then they lose a lot of weight for getting work.
"When they leave they`re excited; they`re like, `Yay, I`m going to start modelling.` And then they get in the real world, and they`re like, `My agent is saying I need to lose 20lbs (9 kg).` I`ll see them four months later and they are a bone. A bone. It`s just like, `What`," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Banks as saying.
"Then I realise that they were in this beautiful incubator of safety, but then when they leave the competition, they`re out there with the wolves, and to compete, they have to lose that weight. That`s a sad fact," she said.
Banks is also the co-creator of "True Beauty" and even hosted her own talk show "The Tyra Banks Show".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic