Tyra Banks feels unhappy with models` ways
Los Angeles: Supermodel Tyra Banks, who mentors models in her show "America`s Next Top Model" is upset with how some of them relentlessly try to lose weight to fetch plum assignments, post the show.
Banks said that the contestants get happy and excited to enter modelling professionally once they leave from her show, but then they lose a lot of weight for getting work.
"When they leave they`re excited; they`re like, `Yay, I`m going to start modelling.` And then they get in the real world, and they`re like, `My agent is saying I need to lose 20lbs (9 kg).` I`ll see them four months later and they are a bone. A bone. It`s just like, `What`," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Banks as saying.
"Then I realise that they were in this beautiful incubator of safety, but then when they leave the competition, they`re out there with the wolves, and to compete, they have to lose that weight. That`s a sad fact," she said.
Banks is also the co-creator of "True Beauty" and even hosted her own talk show "The Tyra Banks Show".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- My fashion sense was quite outrageous: Kangana Ranaut