Victoria Beckham showcases British-look inspired fashion line
London: Singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham, who moved here from Los Angeles last year, showcased her autumn-winter 2013-14 range at the New York Fashion Week. She says her collection is inspired by her move to Britain.
She showcased tailored cashmere coats, elegant tuxedo suits and graphic intarsia knits, reports contactmusic.com.
"I am spending a lot more time in England now. And yes, I have become a bit of a material nerd. I have spent a lot of time in Europe, but it is about fabric, texture, British heritage tweeds and knitwear from Scotland, and I took a lot of inspiration from men`s clothes," contactmusic.com quoted Victoria as saying.
"I prefer the word mannish. I wanted to translate those shapes into a feminine silhouette, so there is volume in the coats and that tuxedo shape, but turned into a gilet," she added.
Other designers to show over the weekend were Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Zac Posen and Diane von Furstenberg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Indian film industry's earnings to be $3.7 billion by 2020, says report
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn