Victoria Beckham showcases British-look inspired fashion line
London: Singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham, who moved here from Los Angeles last year, showcased her autumn-winter 2013-14 range at the New York Fashion Week. She says her collection is inspired by her move to Britain.
She showcased tailored cashmere coats, elegant tuxedo suits and graphic intarsia knits, reports contactmusic.com.
"I am spending a lot more time in England now. And yes, I have become a bit of a material nerd. I have spent a lot of time in Europe, but it is about fabric, texture, British heritage tweeds and knitwear from Scotland, and I took a lot of inspiration from men`s clothes," contactmusic.com quoted Victoria as saying.
"I prefer the word mannish. I wanted to translate those shapes into a feminine silhouette, so there is volume in the coats and that tuxedo shape, but turned into a gilet," she added.
Other designers to show over the weekend were Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Zac Posen and Diane von Furstenberg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan wraps up first schedule of 'Tiger Zinda Hai', bids goodbye to freezing Austria!
- Shah Rukh Khan's home has a 'spidey boom' and Abram is enjoying it like a boss!
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ star Anas Rashid all set to get married!
- Asha Bhosle donates Rs 25k to ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs’ contestants
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!