Vidya Malvade felt like dancing in bridal outfit
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Vidya Malvade, who walked the ramp for designers Farah and Firdos Monday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013, says the bridal outfit was so light that she could have danced in it.
The ‘Chak De! India’ actress looked spectacular in a encrusted pink-purple ghagra-choli and pink net dupatta.
"Normally, when you are a bride, you are bogged down with heavy embroiderey...and clothes that weigh a lot. But this is such a light outfit, so beautiful and glamorous. I could dance in it. Plus, it has everything a bride needs," she told the media post the show.
Titled ‘An Eye Through Bangles’, the collection has been inspired by clinking of bangles and the steady rhythm of the looms of Bhagalpur and Varanasi. The garments boasted unique embroidery using bangles, which made the collection innovative.
A mix of Indian-Western outfits, the collection also included an black evening dress with paisley borders, a brocade collared top, a swallowtail embellished dress, ghagra cholis and saris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aamir Khan, Rohit Shetty extend help to ailing filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi
- Elvis Presley's gold piano, Beatles drum skin set for auction
- Promotion is burden on filmmaking: Irrfan Khan