Walking ramp is unnerving: Gul Panag
New Delhi: Former Miss India and Bollywood actress Gul Panag, who Thursday walked for designer Urvashi Kaur at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) says that walking the ramp is something that she has never wanted to do.
The five-day fashion extravaganza started here Wednesday.
"It was bit of unnerving to walk with big supermodels but thanks to music that helped me in soothing my nerves. I feel, modelling requires lot of things and for me, it was little difficult as I never walked the ramp during my Miss India days," Gul, dressed in maroon gown, told reporters.
Kaur showcased a collection titled "Fez" that comprises of tunics with asymmetrical folds and hemlines, angarkha inspired djellabas, long draped dresses, peplum, vests and wrap jackets.
"It is an extension of my summer line. It`s called Fez. It is one of the most beautiful cities and it is one of the oldest cities of the world," Kaur told reporters.
"I have used lot of breathable organic fabric and use of metals, accessories on the garments added the glamour in the line I wanted to show the strength of women through my collection," Kaur said.
Talking about choosing Gul as showstopper, the designer said that "she epitomizes the true Indian beauty".
"She epitomizes the women of today. She is very intelligent, adventurous, globe trotter and moreover she is beautiful inside out," said Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor's latest pic on Instagram will make your jaw drop!
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' enters Rs 100 cr club; makers CONFIRM 'Jolly LLB 3'!
- Vishal Bhardwaj a big fan of ‘Omkara’ lady Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Tom Hanks to release his first book
- Sushant Singh Rajput gears up for 'Chandamama Door Ke' – Here’s how
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!