Wedding hairstyles for spring 2014
London: Ladies, be a tad different and try a unique hairstyle to look extra-special on your wedding day. Why not go for a Bohemian look or add in some accessories, suggests celebrity hairstylist Asgar Saboo.
Boho down-do to Root Lift are the few styles that brides can choose from:
* Boho down-do: Your wedding does not have to be on a beach in Mexico for you to be able to pull off the boho-look. Loose, effortless waves or waterfall twists can look beautiful whatever the style of your wedding. If you would rather not have all of your hair down, you can strategically place pins in your hair to hold the top layer up, creating a half-up, half-down look. Not only does this ensure your hair stays out of your face for the day, but the additional layer makes for an enchanting hair style.
* Accessorise: If you opt not to wear a wedding veil, but would still like a little something extra in your hair, there are countless, beautiful accessories and hair pieces that can be worn. These include embroidered and net head wraps, feathered clips for a vintage feel, a traditional and demure birdcage, a large statement flower or a floral headband. The options are endless and most are suitable to wear with hair both up and down.
* Short and Sophisticated: For brides with cropped, pixie-style hair, do very little. This is because cropped dos are a statement style in themselves and need very little else as they look bold enough on their own. However, if you want to add a little something, use a simple accessory, such as a floral headband.
* Root Lift: Nothing spells grandiose and glamour like high hair. The root lift balances out the fluidity of the gown and can look sophisticated and stylish. This style can be easily achieved using a root-lifting product and massaging into the roots of wet hair, followed by blow drying hair in the correct technique (upwards and away from the root). For fine, limp hair, try some light back combing, being careful not to be too harsh on the hair.
* Classic up-do: Classic up-dos can range from a chique chignon to an elegant ballerina bun. They are both incredibly simple to create and perfect to accompany any dress neckline. While the chignon is more whimsical and quirky, the ballerina bun exhibits class and poise. If you wish to choose the ballerina bun, place it as high on the crown of your head as possible, as this provides additional grandeur to your look - after all, you are the bride!
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!