Wedding wear in India gets new offerings from Pakistan
New Delhi: If you're shopping for your wedding trousseau, don't miss 'Wedding Collection: A journey of Pakistan from Pret to Couture', a range of innovative and detailed ensembles from across the border, available at PFDC - The Boulevard, a high-end store located here.
PFDC stands for Pakistan Fashion Design Council, which facilitates exchange of fashion between the two countries. Its store, in South Extension here, retails designer wear from Pakistan.
Its new collections bring together unique colour combinations and cuts in an attempt to give a refreshing change to Indian trousseau wear.
There are ensembles like shararas, ghararas, suits, anarkalis, lehengas and jackets with intricate antique embroidery, mukaish work, zardozi, garra and Kashmiri handwork.
“The USP of this collection is young silhouettes, unusual styling, yet classic with the customary handloom,” Sahibjit Singh Bindra, director, PFDC - The Boulevard, said in a statement.
With use of fine thread work, the designs have unusual fabrics, texturing and detailing, with dazzling embellishments in vibrant colours.
“Fluid silhouettes with emphasis on the structure of the hip-line and detailed crafted straight jacket and blouses, with a strong emphasis on silk velvets, gauzy, delicate fabric hand-woven jacquard creates a luxurious and opulent look,” he added.
The designs are available at the store at a starting price tag of Rs.5,000. They can go upto Rs.500,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunil Grover pens heartfelt note to fans, says don’t know what the future holds!
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH