When Amitabh Bachchan wanted Shammi Kapoor`s jacket
Mumbai: Today he makes style statements that people follow, but there was a time when Amitabh Bachchan used to look up to Hindi film stars for fashion trends.
"I remember coming out of a theatre after seeing Shammi Kapoorji`s `Tumsa Nahin Dekha`, wanting to be in possession of the jacket worn by him in a scene that was shot at a hill station - a coloured checked jacket with a belt around the waist," Amitabh posted on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com late Tuesday night.
However, due to financial constraints, he could not go and buy a similar jacket.
"I remember too that not having the means to be able to purchase one, I had asked my mother to cut up a blanket that resembled the colours of the coat, and stitch me one. She did do it, and it became my most favoured apparel possession," he added.
On the movies front, the 71-year-old is busy shooting his film ‘Bhootnath Returns’.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence
- Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik dating?