When Amitabh Bachchan wanted Shammi Kapoor`s jacket
Mumbai: Today he makes style statements that people follow, but there was a time when Amitabh Bachchan used to look up to Hindi film stars for fashion trends.
"I remember coming out of a theatre after seeing Shammi Kapoorji`s `Tumsa Nahin Dekha`, wanting to be in possession of the jacket worn by him in a scene that was shot at a hill station - a coloured checked jacket with a belt around the waist," Amitabh posted on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com late Tuesday night.
However, due to financial constraints, he could not go and buy a similar jacket.
"I remember too that not having the means to be able to purchase one, I had asked my mother to cut up a blanket that resembled the colours of the coat, and stitch me one. She did do it, and it became my most favoured apparel possession," he added.
On the movies front, the 71-year-old is busy shooting his film ‘Bhootnath Returns’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pitru Paksha significance: Here is how the Shraadha rites are performed
- Narendra Modi wishes Lata Mangeshkar on 87th birthday!
- Ranbir Kapoor turns 34, Anushka Sharma shares UNSEEN PIC on Twitter!
- Alia Bhatt NOT doing Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal 4'? Here's the truth
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn