When Sonam Kapoor, Rohit Bal a shook leg on ramp
New Delhi: Rohit Bal`s impromptu gig on the ramp with his showstopper Sonam Kapoor on Bollywood classic `Aa Jaane Jaa-` added to the high-octane show the designer presented at the day four of India Bridal Fashion Week.
Bal took to the stage from the front during the end of the show and started dancing towards Sonam, who was standing at the back, inviting her to join along.
They later together made their way to the front in typical Bollywood `Latkas and jhatkas`, making everyone cheer and whistle for them.
Bal`s choice of sensuous Bollywood numbers were the high point of his show as the audience hummed along while watching his Indian-Elizabethan inspired collection.
"During the last song when I looked back and saw Sonam dancing, that was the moment for me. She was dancing like Helen ji. Since the collection was purely Indian I selected some of my favourite Indian songs. All the songs were such where people could relate to them and I feel it`s really important to create an ambiance with which people can relate," Bal said.
The designer chose a white-golden mulmul lehenga for Sonam, whose look was inspired by a typical mughal bride.
Her thick maang-tika on the side of her hair parting along with one on the forehead complimented her Indian look "I feel beautiful".
Walking the ramp with Rohit in the backdrop of classic songs felt good.
There was only one song from `Bombay` which was contemporary.
"I always wanted to act in films which had this kind of music. But it was enough for me to walk, listen and be a part of it in some creative way," Sonam said.
Bal`s grand setting of the ramp was another eye-catching feature as it was decorated with his trademark lotus, which were lit when the show began.
His collection titled `The Mulmul Masquerade`, had a lot of intricate gold Kasab Kashmiri embroidery on handmade fabrics like chanderi, voils, mulmul and velvet.
Models walked the ramp in sarees, gowns and jodhpuri pants teamed with short jackets.
The designer used a lot of Black in his collection, which is usually not an Indian bridal choice.
His colour palette also included red, white, and ivory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic