Why shy away from sheer?
New Delhi: Celebrities like Katy Perry, Lindsay Lohan, Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt have dared to wear sheer outfits on different occasions. As the temperature goes up, fill your wardrobe with the see-through pieces, suggests an expert.
“Sheer fabrics are great for the summer. You want something casual or dressy; a sheer fabric can be the right choice. They are absolutely great for people with highlights on their hair, as it can soften their appearance and make them look even more demure,” Malini Hemlani, image consultant, told IANS.
But she suggests to wear it with caution as the right undergarment under the sheers can make your look go from class to crass.
Those who wish to give just a peek, can try panels.
“When you just want to show a hint of skin, a sheer panel will do the trick,” she said.
Women with curves can also follow the trend, but it’s how they choose to wear it that matters the most.
“Sheer blouses are best worn loose if you are curvy, you don`t want the problem areas highlighted. The more fitted the sheer garment, the more risqué your look becomes.
"The look should be relaxed and comfortable. Keep your sheer blouse chic by wearing one in a looser fitting style,” she said.
She also recommends patterns with tailored cuffs collars or just sleeves for women with curvy bodies.
“Fitted sheer shirts even in shiny fabrics look great if you have a slimmer torso. It helps balance the look out with your lower body,” said Hemlani.
If you choose to bare it all with a sheer top or bottom, keep the other half of your body cosy with some solid fabric, she suggests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!