Why shy away from sheer?
New Delhi: Celebrities like Katy Perry, Lindsay Lohan, Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt have dared to wear sheer outfits on different occasions. As the temperature goes up, fill your wardrobe with the see-through pieces, suggests an expert.
“Sheer fabrics are great for the summer. You want something casual or dressy; a sheer fabric can be the right choice. They are absolutely great for people with highlights on their hair, as it can soften their appearance and make them look even more demure,” Malini Hemlani, image consultant, told IANS.
But she suggests to wear it with caution as the right undergarment under the sheers can make your look go from class to crass.
Those who wish to give just a peek, can try panels.
“When you just want to show a hint of skin, a sheer panel will do the trick,” she said.
Women with curves can also follow the trend, but it’s how they choose to wear it that matters the most.
“Sheer blouses are best worn loose if you are curvy, you don`t want the problem areas highlighted. The more fitted the sheer garment, the more risqué your look becomes.
"The look should be relaxed and comfortable. Keep your sheer blouse chic by wearing one in a looser fitting style,” she said.
She also recommends patterns with tailored cuffs collars or just sleeves for women with curvy bodies.
“Fitted sheer shirts even in shiny fabrics look great if you have a slimmer torso. It helps balance the look out with your lower body,” said Hemlani.
If you choose to bare it all with a sheer top or bottom, keep the other half of your body cosy with some solid fabric, she suggests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azealia Banks to star in 'Coco'
- Look cool in denim during summer
- 'Amy' to premiere at Edinburgh Film Festival
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Would love to work with Irrfan again: 'The Lunchbox' director
- Short films are stepping stone for any filmmaker: Vikas Bahl
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Alia Bhatt turns vegetarian!
- 'San Andreas' to release in Hindi and English on May 29
- Khloe Kardashian draws criticism for wearing niqab
- Sam Smith dedicates tweets to fans to celebrate debut album's 1st anniversary
- Judge to hold hearing on whether Shakira's copyright accuser lied
- Ricky Kej grateful to everyone who felt his music
- Sidharth Malhotra, Kriti Sanon 'As I Am' music anthem becomes a rage
- 'Obsessed' Dave Grohl dedicates song to Taylor Swift
- Noel Gallagher rejects Oasis reunion rumours
- Bickram Ghosh to open music gurukul in Singapore, London
- `Power-pack performer` Paul McCartney plays 3hr set in London
- Check out: Longer version of Anushka, Priyanka's 'Girls Like To Swing' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- Watch: Peppy 'Happy Birthday' song from 'ABCD2'!
- Melody Gardot eager for album release
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow