WIFW presents more summer options
New Delhi: The second show of Day one of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2014 saw a variety of strong colours in silk and natural dyes.
Fashion designer Kanika Saluja, who has a label named Annaikka, presented creations in various colours like red, green, purple and blue. The chest area had heavy gold and copper work.
"Every colour has a meaning. For instance, red is female energy. I`ve only used silk to create the line," Kanika told reporters after her show.
Models were seen in fitted pants with capes. There were short and long dresses too. The whole collection looked apt for evening time.
The strong colours and heavy work were soon replaced by eye-cooling organic creations of designer Urvashi Kaur.
Natural dyes like indigo, red and grey were used. Indigenous hand-woven organic textiles from Andhra and Kutch gave a summery feel.
Mulmul, chanderi and linen further made the collection wearable during hot season. Long and voluminous tops and dresses, jumpsuits, pleated "shararas" definitely make the range a must have in summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show