WIFW presents more summer options
New Delhi: The second show of Day one of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2014 saw a variety of strong colours in silk and natural dyes.
Fashion designer Kanika Saluja, who has a label named Annaikka, presented creations in various colours like red, green, purple and blue. The chest area had heavy gold and copper work.
"Every colour has a meaning. For instance, red is female energy. I`ve only used silk to create the line," Kanika told reporters after her show.
Models were seen in fitted pants with capes. There were short and long dresses too. The whole collection looked apt for evening time.
The strong colours and heavy work were soon replaced by eye-cooling organic creations of designer Urvashi Kaur.
Natural dyes like indigo, red and grey were used. Indigenous hand-woven organic textiles from Andhra and Kutch gave a summery feel.
Mulmul, chanderi and linen further made the collection wearable during hot season. Long and voluminous tops and dresses, jumpsuits, pleated "shararas" definitely make the range a must have in summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!