Women ditch salons, colour hair at home
New Delhi: More than 60 percent women avoid visiting expensive salons and choose to colour their hair at home, says a new study.
The study, commissioned by the Scott Cornwall Colour Restore Hair Infusions Range, found that 76 percent of women notice their hair colour fade within four weeks, yet the majority only visit the hairdressers every three or four months.
"I`m not surprised that so many women are now deciding to colour their hair at home, instead of going to a salon. It`s the easier, more affordable option that allows greater freedom of choice," femalefirst.co.uk quoted hair and colour expert Scott Cornwall as saying.
Interestingly, the study also indicates that 59 percent of women who dye their hair at home, are aged between 30 and 50. While they may have a higher disposable income, this group appears to be more confident at dyeing their hair themselves compared to women aged 30 and under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH
- Sonam Kapoor on 'Cosmo' cover looks urban chic!