Working with Emraan Hashmi spoils you, says designer Rick Roy
Mumbai: Costume designer Rick Roy, who has styled Emraan Hashmi in his forthcoming film ‘Ghanchakkar’, praises the actor for his professional attitude and for being not fussy about costumes.
"Working with Emraan spoils you. He is one of the nicest people I have worked with. He is extremely professional, non-fussy, and no tantrums. He understands the character he is playing and understands the look of the character. He is just amazing to work with," Rick told reporters.
Directed by Rajkumar Gupta, ‘Ghanchakkar’, which also stars Vidya Balan, is coming out Friday.
Although Rick had fun working with Emraan, creating outfits for his character was a bit of a challenge for the designer.
"`Ghanchakkar` was a fun film to do for me. It`s different from what I have done before. Rajkumar was very particular about the authenticity and relatable factors of his characters in the movie, so that was challenging.
"It wasn`t one of those movies where all you need is your actors to look good, this was a movie where your actors need to look good but believably real as well. The cinematic liberties were very little, so it was fun and challenging at the same time," he said.
Rick found "subtle and real detailing of clothes" special.
"There are small detailing, like we hand bleached the seams of all Emraan`s t-shirts to fade them out. You know how when you wash your clothes for a long time certain parts fade more than the rest of it, which people might hardly notice, but it adds a certain age and realism to the outfits. We tried doing small things like that," he said.
Before ‘Ghanchakkar’, Rick designed clothes for Bollywood projects ‘Himmatwala’, ‘Inkaar’ and ‘Raaz 3’, among others.
What about future plans?
"My plate is full. I am starting Kunal Deshmukh`s next with UTV in August, Sajid Khan`s next with Saif Ali Khan and two more movies after that I will start at the end of the year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!