World looks to Indian models: Esha Gupta
Mumbai: Actress Esha Gupta is glad that Indian models are appreciated worldwide for their unique looks.
Gupta, the second runner-up at the 2007 Femina Miss India contest who later took to modelling before venturing into films, was attending an event in the city when she held forth on the fashion scene in the country.
"I think India has great models. From Kamal Sidhu to Lakshmi, we have beautiful models in our country," said Esha, who featured in the Kingfisher swimsuit calendar in 2010.
She said that foreigners often look at India for its beautiful models, and comment on how "earthy" and "different" they look.
"In fact, every girl is unique, whether it`s a northeasterner, Punjabi or south Indian," noted Esha, who made her Bollywood debut earlier this year with Mahesh Bhatt`s crime thriller "Jannat 2" opposite Emraan Hashmi and Randeep Hooda.
She also featured in Vikram Bhatt`s "Raaz 3", starring with Bipasha Basu and Emraan, and Prakash Jha`s "Chakravyuh", with Arjun Rampal, Abhay Deol and Manoj Bajpayee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!