Wrote a letter to Victoria to discuss racial issues: Naomi Campbell
London: Supermodel Naomi Campbell has revealed that she personally called fashion designer Victoria Beckham to discuss her model choices for the London Fashion Week.
The 43-year-old British beauty, who launched a campaign to highlight racial issues on the runway last month, said she admits that the former Spice Girls star became one of her top targets after only one non-white model was selected for her most recent show, reported Contactmusic.
"I called Victoria and I spoke to her. I don`t want to pin-point anyone. It isn`t a blame game. Everyone`s name was on that letter because they`d done it. It could have been completely unintentional. She is one of the designers on there like anyone else," she said.
The open letter named Beckham, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Marc Jacobs among the "fashion houses guilty of this racist act".
"There is no way to candycoat this sort of thing. You have to be straight. We had the percentages and we were armed with the facts and you can`t be nervous about upsetting people. I speak the truth. People might not like it but I am doing it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’