Yoko Ono launches John Lennon-inspired menswear line
Los Angeles: Yoko Ono has designed a men`s fashion range based on sketches she made with John Lennon in mind when they got married in 1969.
New York label Opening Ceremony is launching the range Yoko Ono Fashions for Men 1969-2012, which comprises of pieces inspired by sketches Ono originally made to expressed her love for the legendary Beatle.
She met Humberto Leon of Opening Ceremony at the opening of their Tokyo store three years ago, and the two began planning to bring the line to fruition, 43 years after it was first conceived, reported ABC News.
The collection has 52 separate pieces, including a mesh shirt without shoulders which comes in black, blue and pink, and a sort of Perspex sandwich board to be hung around the neck with desk bells and the phrase "Ring for your mommy" written underneath it.
"I was inspired to create `Fashions for Men`, amazed at how my man was looking so great," Ono said of her 1969 sketches.
"I felt it was a pity if we could not make clothes emphasizing his very sexy bod. So, I made this whole series with love for his hot bod, and gave it to him as a wedding present."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'