Zeenat Aman to walk the ramp at IRFW
New Delhi: Yesteryears glamorous actress Zeenat Aman is all set to walk for designer Riyaz Gangji at the India Resort Fashion Week (IRFW), starting Nov 28.
Titled Shimmering Sand, Gangji`s collection takes inspiration from Japanese author Yukio Mishima`s book ‘The Sound of Waves’. From long flowy gowns and saris for women to jackets and bandhgalas for men, the collection offers something for everyone.
"Zeenat Aman has always been my muse. I believe beach wedding outfits have now become popular across generations and as Zeenat epitomises evergreen beauty, I was very keen on her walking for my show," Gangji told reporters.
The four-day event will take place at Goa`s popular Candolim beach this year.
"Garments comprise flowy gowns with tails, saris with sensuous bikini blouses with golden and subdued colour tones minimally embellished with applique work," Gangji told reporters.
Her Men`s line consists of Indian wear with a "contemporary twist in forms of pathanis, jackets and bandhgalas" and she has accessorised it with "chappals, sandals and jute bags".
Also, actors Bhoop Yaduvanshi and Madhurima Tuli - lead pair from upcoming movie ‘Cigarette Ki Tarah’ - will walk the ramp for the designer.
"Young talents Bhoop and Madhurima with Zeenat on the ramp will make the show picture perfect considering it offers me a variety of garments to show," said the designer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu