Recipe: Apple and Carrot pudding
Enjoy this tasty pudding.Ingredients:
• 5 Carrots (peeled and grated)
• 2 Apples (peeled, cored, and grated)
• 1 cup Raisins (optional)
• 1 cup Fine Bread Crumbs
• 1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
• 2 tsp Baking Powder
• 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
• 1 tsp Ground Allspice
• ½ cup White Sugar
• 2/3 cup Butter
• 1 tsp Salt
• 4 Eggs Procedure:
• Add the carrots, apples, raisins, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a separate small bowl.
• Cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs in a separate large bowl; stir in the flour mixture. Add the carrot mixture and mix well.
• Transfer mixture to a lightly-greased, 2-quart mold.
• Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a large, deep pot.
• Set the filled mold on top of the steamer rack and pour enough water into the bottom of the pot to cover the bottom 2/3 of the mold.
• Bring it to boil over medium heat and then simmer for 2 hours
45 minutes, adding water occasionally to maintain the water level.
After the given time period, remove from water and allow to cool 10 minutes before turning out of mold onto a plate.
First Published: Thursday, December 09, 2010, 10:28