Baked Potato Soup
This is an interesting soup made of bacon, shallots, baked potatoes and cheese.
• 10 Bacon slices
• 2/3 Cup margarine
• 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
• 6 Cups milk
• 4 Large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 3 Green onions, chopped
• 1 1/4 Cups cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 Cup sour cream
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Ground black pepper
• Place bacon slices in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat till brown.
• Drain, crumble and set aside.
• In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
• Whisk in flour until smooth.
• Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly, until thickened.
• Stir in potatoes and onions.
• Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
• Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
• Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
• Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!