Bakrid Special: Mutton Biryani
Make the best Biryani this Bakrid. Try this original recipe straight from the house of Mughals.
500 gms Basmati Rice (long grained rice).
1kg Mutton (cut into small pieces).
2 tsp. Garam Masala.(mixed spices)
6 Red chilies.
2 Dalchini (Cinnamon Sticks)
2 pieces Elaichi.(cardamom)
3 Green chilies.
7 Cashew nuts.
Onions (A handful, sliced fine and fried till crisp)
5 Lavang (Cloves)
6 Kothmir, (chopped Fresh coriander)
1 small bunch Pudina (mint leaves) chopped.
Ginger Garlic paste.
3 tsp. Saffron. (dissolved in ¾ cup milk)
Curd beaten 1 cup.
Juice of 2 Limes.
4 boiled eggs. Ghee /Oil 5 tbsp.
Salt to taste.
The chillies and the cashew nuts needs to be ground into a fine paste. Mix the mutton pieces with the ginger-garlic paste and beaten curd and Keep aside.
Fry the chili paste in 4 tablespoons clarified milk or oil. To this add the mutton, ¼ of the fried onion, 1tsp garam masala(mixed spices) and salt to taste. When the clarified milk separates from the mixture, add one and a half cups warm water and pressure cook till tender.
Fry the whole spices in 1 tbsp. clarified milk/oil in a wide-mouthed vessel. Add the rice and fry a little, add green chilies and salt to taste and enough water for the rice to cook. When the rice is cooked, spread it on a plate and remove the spices.
Make a mixture of the chopped Kothmir, mint, mixed spices and fried onion and keep aside. Smear the inside of another wide-mouthed and thick bottomed vessel with clarified milk. Spread a layer of rice in it and cover it with half the mutton.
Sprinkle half of the pudina mixture and juice of a lime. Put a layer of rice followed by a mutton layer and finish with a final layer of rice. Sprinkle the rice with saffron milk and some clarified milk. Cover tightly and cook for twenty minutes over slow fire. Serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Emilia Clarke called 'Dragon Lady' in shops
- Kangana Ranaut inaugurates first Gap store in India
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi