Bhai Dooj Special: Mitha Khaja
It is a traditional dish prepared in Eastern India during Bhaidooj.
1 1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup jaggery
1 cup water
1/4 tbsp cardamom powder
3-4 tbsp poppy seeds or khus khus
250 gms ghee for frying
1. Heat water in a pan and dissolve jaggery to make well. Strain and set aside to cool.
2. Add cardamom powder and ghee to the flour and knead the flour with jaggery water till the dough becomes stiff.
3. Divide into 24 to 25 small portions, knead and roll it into 4" discs.
Sprinkle poppy seeds on the discs. Set aside and allow them to dry a little.
4. Deep fry in ghee till the discs turn golden yellow. Cool the khajas till these become crisper. Serve or store in an airtight container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!