Broccoli 500 gms
Celery Stalk 2 inches
Veg Stock or water 4 cups
Onion 1 medium sized
Garlic 4 cloves
Low fat milk 1 Cup
Salt and White pepper powder to taste
Cut broccoli into small florets and wash well. Soak in salted water for ten to fifteen minutes and drain.
Boil or dry roast almonds on medium heat till almond skin changes its colour slightly. remove from heat, cool it and slice them into slivers.
Chop onion, garlic and celery stalk and add them to a pot of vegetable stock or water. Bring them to boil.
Add broccoli florets and continue to cook without covering the pan. Cook for five to seven minutes or till broccoli is tender.
Remove from heat, cool and puree it in a blender. Add milk to pureed broccoli and mix well. Bring to a boil again.
Add salt and white pepper powder to taste. Stir in toasted almond slivers and serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing