Chicken tortilla soup
A delectable mix of onion and cheese makes Chicken Tortilla Soup absolutely mouth-watering
• 2 Cloves garlic
• 4 tbsp Margarine
• 1 1/2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 Large yellow onions, cut in 1 inch squares
• Cans chicken broth
• 1 Can whole peeled and chopped tomatoes
• 2 Cans diced green chilies, drained
• 1 Can whole corn, drained
• 1 Bunch fresh green onions, chopped
• 1/3 Bunch cilantro, chopped
• 2 tsp Chili powder
• Garlic salt
• Seasoned salt
• Tortilla chips
• Grated Cheddar and Jack cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons margarine in a 6 quarter pan.
Dutch oven or stockpot and sauté garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
Season chicken breasts with broth, salt and pepper
Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until breasts are cooked but not browned. Dice the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside. Add remaining 2 tablespoons margarine into pot and stir to loosen any dripping.
Add onion squares, sauté for about 2 minutes, until soft but not browned.
Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, chillies, and corn from cans, and then add diced chicken, green onions, cilantro, and chilli powder.
Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Chicken tortilla soup is ready.
Serve it with tortilla chips and cheese.