A well-known and one of the favourites of South Indians is coconut chutney.
• Lemon sized tamarind
• 10 Red chillies
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp urad dal
• 1 tsp mustard seeds
• 2 tsp Oil
• 1 tsp Chana Dal
• Few red chilli pieces and curry leaves
• A pinch of hing
• 1/2 tsp Jeera
Shred the coconut into small pieces.
Fry the red chillies in a small pan.
Grind red chillies, coconut, tamarind and salt. Add minimum water.
Heat oil in a small pan. Add urad dal, chenna dal, mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies, hing and curry leaves.
Add the seasoning to the coconut chutney after mustard seeds start spluttering.
Coconut Chutney is ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mexico drops out of Miss Universe over Donald Trump tirade
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing