Moist, spicy and delicious, gingerbread is a perfect Christmas treat. And the best thing is, this one can be made without eggs.
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ t salt
1 Tbsp ginger, ground
½ tsp cloves, ground
¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ cup canola oil
1 cup maple syrup
½ cup molasses
1 cup milk or plain soy milk
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices into bowl and whisk together.
In another bowl or blender, whisk or blend oil, syrup, molasses, milk, vinegar, and vanilla until oily blobs are suspended in liquid.
Whisk the wet mixture into the dry until just barely mixed. Batter will be wet and sticky.
Preheat oven to 350.
Oil pan(s) and line with parchment paper. Half-fill pan(s) with batter. Bake 35 minutes for small pans, 55 for large. Gingerbread is ready when a toothpick or knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show