Moist, spicy and delicious, gingerbread is a perfect Christmas treat. And the best thing is, this one can be made without eggs.
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ t salt
1 Tbsp ginger, ground
½ tsp cloves, ground
¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ cup canola oil
1 cup maple syrup
½ cup molasses
1 cup milk or plain soy milk
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices into bowl and whisk together.
In another bowl or blender, whisk or blend oil, syrup, molasses, milk, vinegar, and vanilla until oily blobs are suspended in liquid.
Whisk the wet mixture into the dry until just barely mixed. Batter will be wet and sticky.
Preheat oven to 350.
Oil pan(s) and line with parchment paper. Half-fill pan(s) with batter. Bake 35 minutes for small pans, 55 for large. Gingerbread is ready when a toothpick or knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fassbender, Cotillard attend 'Macbeth' Cannes premiere
- PM Modi thanks Big B for donating 11 lakhs to Nepal earthquake victims
- Katy Perry hasn't heard from ex Russell Brand since his `divorce text`
- Kanye West makes record donation of USD 133K to co-founded charity
- 'Hannibal season 3' trailer released
- I don't remember much of the 1970s: Al Pacino
- Salman Khan to attend sister Arpita's reception at Mandi tomorrow
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- `Fantastic Four` backlash does not bother Michael B Jordon
- Two of Drake's songs leak online
- Amy Schumer collaborates with Paul Feig for action comedy
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared