Father's Day: Doughnuts
Celebrate Father's Day by digging into these delightful doughnuts.
11/3 cups sugar
3 cups unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup mashed potatoes
2/3 cup milk
3 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
11/2 teaspoon salt
Oil for deep frying
Beat eggs until light.
Beat in sugar.
Melt chocolate and shortening together.
Mix to sugar mixture.
Mix potatoes and milk.
Add flour, baking powder and salt.
Mix dry ingredients to batter.
Chill dough then roll out on floured board.
Cut with doughnut cutter.
Fry (a couple at a time) in deep fat at about 370° until browned on both sides, turning once.
Transfer to paper towels or brown paper bags to drain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha bags biopic on Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena Parkar
- Derogatory word for policeman in ‘PK’ lands Aamir Khan in trouble
- Kangana Ranaut not comfortable walking the ramp for any designer
- ‘Busy’ Salman Khan makes Anees Bazmee wait for 'No Entry' sequel
- When ‘unwell’ Aishwarya Rai exuded confidence