Fresh corn salad
Yields: 4 to 5 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Sweet corn 5 ears (husked and silk removed)
Red onion (small) ½ cup diced
Cider vinegar 3 tbsp
Extra-virgin olive oil 3 tbsp
Coarse salt or sea salt ½ teaspoon
Black pepper ½ teaspoon coarsely grounded
Basil leaves ½ cup
Scrape the corn kernels by using a sharp knife. Cut off the stem end to give a flat base. Hold the ear, tip end up, then cut downward, removing a few rows at a time.
Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add the corn kernels and bring it to a boil again. Immediately remove from heat and drain. Run cold water over the corn to stop the cooking process; drain the corn thoroughly.
In a large bowl, mix corn kernels, red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add seasonings to taste. Refrigerate the salad until approximately 1/2 hour before serving. Serve with fresh basil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled