Fruit Almond Halwa
Made with healthy fruits and nuts as ingredients, this is a delectable dessert, a must have during festivals.
1 medium-size Ripe Papaya (chopped)
1 tbsp Cashews & Raisins
200 gms Condensed Milk
1/2 ltr Full Cream Milk
2 Bananas (chopped)
2 Apples (chopped)
100 gms Almonds
5 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Ghee
Soak the almonds in hot water for about 15 minutes. Blanche.
Grind almonds, chopped papayas and half of the milk to make a paste.
Boil remaining milk in a thick-bottomed pan. Add papaya and almond milk mixture to it. Simmer.
Add finely chopped apples and bananas to the above and keep stirring.
When the mixture thickens, add sugar and condensed milk. Stir further adding the ghee.
Turn off the heat when halwa attains a thick consistency.
Garnish Halwa with raisins and cashews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Would love to work with Irrfan again: 'The Lunchbox' director
- Short films are stepping stone for any filmmaker: Vikas Bahl
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Alia Bhatt turns vegetarian!
- 'San Andreas' to release in Hindi and English on May 29
- Khloe Kardashian draws criticism for wearing niqab
- I was wrong to start fight with Tyson Beckford: Chris Brown
- My ambition is to be honourable family man: Ranveer Singh
- Sandeepa to perform Jackie Chan inspired stunts in '7 Hours...'
- Ranbir Kapoor is a fantastic actor: Aamir Khan
- Winter Heirloom Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella Pizettes
- Recipe: Jeera Lassi
- Mother's day special Recipe: Crepes Du Fromage
- Recipe: Chocolate-strawberry rissotto
- Recipe: Jumbo Shrimps al Cognac
- Recipe: Banana bread
- Recipe: Fried Mango pickle in beer batter with Siracha dipping sauce
- Weekend special Recipe: Chilly Garlic Fish
- Recipe: Apple and Watermelon Crush
- Recipe: Parsleyed corn on the cob
- Recipe: Baked Beans
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared