Ganesh Chaturthi: Modak
Celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi is incomplete without Modak. These days as the festival has spread from Maharastra to other parts of the country, in the same way Modak has ceased to be a Maharastrian sweet. So here is the recipe to make the perfect Modak.
250 gms grated coconut
11/2 tsp sesame
1 tsp ghee
500 gms refined flour
3 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Make a soft dough of the flour by adding oil and salt. Heat ghee in a vessel, add jaggery, coconut and sesame seeds. Keep stirring continuously on medium flame.
The jaggery dissolves and a sticky solution is formed. Leave it to cool for 30 minutes. Make small balls of dough and roll it, let the diameter be 3-4 inches approximately.
Put 1 tbsp of the above stuffing in the dough and pack it by taking all the corners up giving it a shape like a cone on top. This is called a Modak. Take oil in a kadai and deep fry the Modaks till brown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- Travel industry to benefit from weekend short-haul trips in 2017
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan