Also known as Sunni Undalu, this dish is widely prepared in South India during festivals.
• 250 gm Urad dal
• 250 gm Sugar
• 250 gm Jaggery
• 10 gm Cardamom powder
• 20 ml Ghee
• Soak urad dal in water overnight.
• Drain the water and fry the dal in ghee melted in a heated pan.
• Stirring continuously make a paste and keep aside.
• In a separate pan, mix together sugar and jaggery.
• Heat it to make syrup of two-string consistency.
• Now, add the urad dal paste. Mix well.
• Add cardamom powder.
• Grease the palms and make small round balls.
• Store in air tight containers.