This Rajasthani dessert is a favourite during monsoons and is especially prepared during Teej celebrations.
• 3 Cups flour
• 11/2 Cups ghee
• 3 Cups water
• 1 Cup milk
• 1 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
• 1 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
• 1 tsp Cardamom powder
• 1 tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
• 1 1/2 Cups sugar
• 1/2 tsp Yellow colour
• Mix flour, ghee, milk and 2 cups of water to make a smooth batter.
• Dissolve colour in the remaining water.
• Add coloured water to the batter.
• Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container.
• Fill half of the cylinder with ghee and heat.
• Once the ghee is hot, pour a glass of batter in the centre of ghee.
• Allow foam to settle.
• Pour a glassful of batter in ghee again.
• Once the foam gets settled again, place ghewar on mesh.
• Prepare sugar syrup of thin consistency.
• Dip ghevar in syrup so as to remove the extra oil.
• Let it cool.
• Pour few drops of saffron water.
• Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kavita Kaushik fumes, walks out of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla...’ grand finale- Know why
- ‘Jazbaa’ tweet review
- Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Pakistan’s Mahira Khan- ‘Uff’ we will look good in ‘Raees’
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s Brazilian fan pays tribute to Indian culture
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt to appear in Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss 9’?