Gujarati: Dal Dhokli
Try out this delicious, lip smacking recipe
250 grams tuver daal,
200 grams wheat flour,
3 green chilies
3 tbsp green chili paste
50 grams groundnut
25 grams cashewnut,
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Mustard seeds,3-4 cloves
2 cinnamon, 2 tomatoes
1 tbsp Tamarind 100 grams brown sugar,
Salt To Taste,
1 tbsp Garam masala,
1 tsp Ajama 4-5 tbsp.Oil,
2 tbsp Red chili powder asafetida
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
3-4 tbsp. Ghee
Shift wheat flour.
Add salt, turmeric powder, ajama, red chili powder.
Add oil and knead the flour to roti like consistency.
Wash tuver dal and pressure cook it for three whistles.
Cool and remove the dal.
Heat oil and ghee in a pot, then put cloves and cinnamon.
Add mustard leaves.
When they crackle add curry leaves, green chilies and a pinch of asafetida.
Pour tover dal.
Mix tamarind and brown sugar water, cashew nuts, groundnut, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
Add tomato pulp, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water.
Boil the dal.
Roll out big rotis and cut them into pieces and add these pieces in boiling dal.
Boil for 10 minutes and remove.
Sprinkle cilantro leaves
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Here’s Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Leela’ for you
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Salman Khan would definitely like to have a child
- Salman Khan’s top 10 films over the years
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral